CODE OF ETHICS FOR AUTHOR OF SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION
- Author is a person who provides intellectual contribution in the forms of concept, research design, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and significant corrections during the process from manuscript writing until accepted for publication;
- Corresponding author is a person who has responsibility to do all correspondences during the submission process and after publication of the manuscript.
- Someone who only assists in data collection and analysis, field and laboratory works, or research administration management, is not categorized as author in a publication;
- Other parties as stated in number 3, should be appreciated in the acknowledgement.
- The author(s) shall follow the style guide (manuscript writing guidelines) set up by JSSDM (Journal Social Science and Digital Marketing).
- The author(s) shall be collectively responsible for the written works and substance, including methods, analysis, calculation, and the details;
- The author(s) shall state the source of resources (including funds), either through direct and indirect contributions;
- The author(s) shall explain the limitations in the research;
- Corresponding author should respond review results of the editor and reviewer(s) professionally and promptly;
- Corresponding author shall inform the Editorial Secretariat when he/she would withdraw or cancel the submission to the JSSDM (Journal Social Science and Digital Marketing);
- During the review and editing process, author(s) should comply if there is a request from the Editorial Secretariat for not publishing the research findings in interview or other publication media before the manuscript is published by JSSDM (Journal Social Science and Digital Marketing);
- Corresponding author shall inform the editor through Editorial Secretariat regarding any other paper(s) which are parts of gradual, multidiscipline, as well as different perspective research works.
- Corresponding author shall make statement that the submitted manuscript is original, never published in any other media before, in any language(s), and not in the process of submission in other publisher;
- If there is any mistake in the manuscript, the corresponding author shall inform immediately to the Editorial Secretariat of JSSDM (Journal Social Science and Digital Marketing);
- Corresponding author shall inform the editor through the Editorial Secretariat of JSSDM (Journal Social Science and Digital Marketing) if there was any finding before.
- Corresponding author should ensure all names written as authors are in appropriate sequence based on respective contribution and agreed by all authors. If there is any changes, either reduction or addition of author(s), should be agreed by the other author(s);
- The author(s) shall ensure all parties contributed non-substantially are acknowledged;
- The use of any material(s) from other publication(s) having copy rights shall obtain written permission and be included in the acknowledgement;
- If the author(s) refer(s) to other works, they shall be cited appropriately in the manuscript;
- If the research reveals new finding(s) or improved other finding(s), the author(s) shall mention the previous work(s);
- The author(s) should not cite any publication which is not read directly by the author(s).
Implementation of Research and Publication Ethics Clearance
- If requested, the author(s) should provide appropriate evidence on research ethics eligibility, including field notes or research logbook;
- Corresponding author should respond appropriately if there is any comment or response after publication.
The Code of Ethics is mainly referred to the Regulation of Indonesian Institute of Science Number 5 of 2014 on Scientific Publication Ethics Code (Peraturan Kepala Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 Tentang Kode Etika Publikasi Ilmiah), but with adjustments to fit with JSSDM (Journal Social Science and Digital Marketing) style guide.